Enewsletters as valid as ever...
Published October 12, 2010 by David Wilson
A report from Emarketer Daily shows that email still beats social for keeping in touch with people, especially in older age groups. The long term worry for email has to be that the next generation rely much more on social networks for their information and online communications.
However email is not going away and the format, which is proven, is still a winner when it comes to brand awareness, ecommerce and customer loyalty. Your connection with customers through an enews is much stronger and will yield much more return than a poke! As long as you're following good practice on segmentation, delivering quality content and maintain a conversational and friendly approach then an enewsletter is still one of the key weapons in your arsenal.
Obviously in the ideal world you should be nurturing both channels and using them for the appropriate communication as you go. Horses are indeed for courses as they say.
Check out this Marketing Sherpa blog post on the subject too.
- All Blog Categories (28)
- Deliverability (7)
- Enewsletters (1)
- Engagement (5)
- Interaction (1)
- Measurement (5)
- Social Networks (7)
- Strategy (11)
- Subject Lines (3)
- Subscription (4)
- The Added Dimension of Mobile Email...
- 10 Killer Tactics for Email Marketing
- Challenges to Effectiveness of Email
- Enewsletters as valid as ever...
- Email Marketers Keep Up with Latest Trends
- How Bounces Can Affect Deliverability
- Monitor Your Sender Reputation
- Marketers dont pay attention to unresponsive subscribers
- Email Newsletter Response Rates
- Integrating Social Media into Email
- July 2011 (1)
- May 2011 (1)
- December 2010 (1)
- October 2010 (2)
- September 2010 (3)
- August 2010 (1)
- June 2010 (1)
- May 2010 (3)
- April 2010 (3)
- March 2010 (1)
- October 2009 (2)
- September 2009 (2)
- August 2009 (4)
- July 2009 (2)
- June 2009 (1)